Monday, September 13, 2010

MONSOON moment

Last nite I had a very sinetron* moment.

It was a heavy rainy nite. I was on my bike; covered with super-soaked-raincoat, damp clothes, blurry eyeglasses; sped up to studio, almost late for certain radioshow.

Just few meters to go as I already saw my office's parkinglot, suddenly... An eejit car burst into big puddle next to me and splashed huge amount of dirty water. Onto my whole body and face. A lot! I even went blind for seconds before realized what was just happened.

After my conciousness back, I sped, screeched and stopped before that car. The car's stopped. I slammed its hood, and glared furiously to the driver. The driver's made his way outside the car, walked towards me. On a dimmed citylight, I finally saw how handsome the driver was. Determined, he took my hand, smirked, kissed it gently, and whispered : ''I'm sorry. Can I take you for dinner for caused you such trouble?''. Squinted, I said ''too bad, you're not my type'', and left him bewildered.

OF COURSE IT DOESN'T HAPPENED THAT WAY.

The real story ends with me flabbergasted, soaked with dirty water, stammered and cursed in rage as seen that dimwit car sped away. Tsk. I wish I was Jason Bourne.



*sinetron : Indonesia's soap opera, with farfromreality-ish plot, cymbal sfx and characters with too much make up.

2 comments:

Drake Sigar said...

I liked your fictional version better. :)

diLa said...

how strange, me too!
fictional, cool. Reality, bites. Oh well :))

Post a Comment